I got so fired up and inspired today after having read a straight-to-the-heart article by “Snarky Faith,” a contributor of To Be Aware. I want to share this with you just so you will have a guide on how you will carry yourself and your goals for 2013. I have set mine and I am looking forward to materialize each item I am aspiring for this year.
Below is the great read by “Snarky Faith:”
“A year from now you will wish you had started today.”
It’s a new year and it’s easy to get caught up in how we want to make this year different. Do you want a resolution for 2013 that will make ripples in your life? Be cautious about how quickly you answer that question.
If the answer is yes, then I would like for you to ponder taking a risk in 2013. Author Robert Michael Fried said that, “the risk is right when it will help you close the disparity or gap between who you are and where you want to go. When your outside view of the world reflects your inner voice, you are will on your way to taking the right risk.”
Forbes Magazine interviewed Fried about taking risk and he offered tips to guide you in taking the right risk(s). Here are the steps to taking risk in 2013:
- Listen to your heart. Follow your heart, not just your reason. You seldom go wrong when you listen to your own inner voice.
- Get out of your comfort zone. Golden opportunities often lie just outside our comfort zone. Have the courage and fortitude to grab that brass ring.
- Avoid analysis paralysis. Do your homework, but ultimately you need to take action.
- Somehow the biggest risk is not to risk at all. Don’t wait for your ship to come in… row out and meet it.
- Don’t wait for the perfect time. There will never be a truly perfect time to act. In life, you generally learn more by doing than waiting. The perfect time to act is now!
- Face your fears. Feel the fear and do it anyway. Have the courage to work through your fear and use it to propel your spirit and rekindle your focus.
- Live in the present. Make the present the primary focus in your life, not the past or the future. Remember, life is a gift; that’s why they call it a present. The present moment is all you’ll ever have in your life.
- Take the leap. Aristotle once said, “Courage is the first of all human qualities because it is the one that guarantees all others.” Have the courage to take the leap and close the gap between your dreams and reality.
Bob Proctor reminds us, “It doesn’t matter where you are, you are nowhere compared to where you can go.” So take a risk in 2013. Be bold and brave. Embrace hope. Live passionately. Dare to love courageously. Follow your convictions. Seek new paths. Whatever you do, don’t just settle or compromise.